April 26, 2016 by Beth - I SNIFF BOOKS blog
GIVEAWAY DETAILS ARE TOWARD THE BOTTOM OF THE POST!
I’m exited to introduce Maria Trolle, a Swedish artist, and her brand new coloring book, Blomster Mandala to you!
Blomster Mandala is a coloring journey through a lush and whimsical garden. The coloring pages are filled with flowers and vegetation — here and there woodland critters peek out.
The design for Blomster Mandala has a very chic feel. It’s hardcover (!!) with gold-foiling accents on the front and back covers and the book’s spine. The book’s spine is covered in gold cloth which looks quite fetching with the black cover. The book has black end papers and flyleaves. The book is sized 8.5 by 10 inches with 96 pages.
The paper is a lovely soft cream color — although there are 2 single-page and 7 double-page spreads that have a solid black background. 58 of the 96 coloring pages are single-page designs. There are 19 total double-page spreads (38 pages) — 12 are on a soft cream paper while 7 are on black paper.
The book is glue- and string-bound. The string-binding helps the spine be a bit more flexible so the book does lay considerably flat when open. Even though some designs span two pages, not much of the image is lost in the book’s gutter.
WHERE TO BUY: Blomster Mandala is published by Pagina Förlags AB and PrintWorks — both are located in Sweden. Right now the only place to buy Blomster Mandala is right here from Pen Store, a retail and online shop based out of Sweden. It is currently listed for €13,08 ($14.74 USD) with shipping rates to USA/Canada at €12,60 ($14.02 USD). Pen Store also has a retail store in Stockholm, Sweden where you can pick-up a copy in person if you are local to the area.
At the time of this post, no US (or UK) publishers have picked up publishing rights for Blomster Mandala.
[edited to add on June 17: UPDATE!!! US Publisher Gibbs-Smith has acquired reprinting rights for Blomster Mandala!!! Get the details right here in my book news post!]
[edited to add on July 1: You can click here to read my interview with Rachel from Gibbs-Smith about the acquisition process.]
Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. The opinions are my own.
Thanks for stopping by — consider following my blog so you don’t miss any of my reviews! The follow button is located near the top right of the page, directly below the search box – if you are on a mobile device the follow button is likely at the very bottom of this post or at the very bottom of my homepage.
The giveaway for Blomster Mandala by Maria Trolle begins on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 9:00am EST and will end on Saturday, April 30, 2016 sometime between 11:00am EST – 2:00pm EST — after that, comments will be closed.
How to enter the giveaway: Just leave a comment! That’s it! Easy peasy!
Would you like one extra entry into the giveaway? You can follow my blog – you’ll never miss seeing a new review or future giveaway announcement! (Please note following my blog is optional and not required to enter the giveaway)
- The follow button is located near the top right of the page, directly below the search box – if you are on a mobile device the follow button is likely at the very bottom of this post or at the very bottom of my homepage. (There may also be a ‘follow blog’ option in the comment form.) After you follow, let me know in your comment that you did.
- If you already follow my blog, just tell me in your comment and you can still get that extra entry.
The fine print:
- This giveaway is open to residents of the United States of America (the 50 states + Washington, D.C.). Any and all off-shore US territories and possessions are excluded.
- Must be at least 18 years old to enter.
- There will be one (1) winner. Winner will be chosen at random. The odds of being selected as a winner depend on the number of entries received.
- All entries will be verified and comments will be deleted if they don’t comply with the terms and guidelines.
- Make sure to enter a valid e-mail address – this is how the winner will be notified. From the time the notification e-mail is sent, the winner has 48 hours to reply to claim book and provide mailing address. If winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new winner will be chosen at random.
- Blogger will ship book directly to winner and is not responsible if the book gets lost or damaged in the mail – it will not be replaced.
- By entering this giveaway you agree to release and hold harmless the Blogger and Publisher from any and all liability or loss, including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs, for all matters related to your acceptance, possession, experience with, use or misuse of the book, or participation in the giveaway.
Thanks and good luck!
[edited to add at 11:15am on Tuesday, April 26: As you read in the “fine print,” this giveaway is for US residents only. I’m sorry if you are not eligible to enter. I do not get paid to provide review coverage and online promotion for any of the books I review nor do I use affiliate links. I am spending my own money to ship the book to the winner. As you may or may not know, international postage is expensive and I can only afford to ship the book to a US resident. The last giveaway I hosted was open worldwide because the publisher shipped the book directly to the winner. Thank you in advance for understanding.]
[edited to add at 10:15am on Friday, April 29: If you are having trouble finding the comment box, just keep scrolling all the way down….. past all the comments]
**edited to add: Comments closed at 12:45pm EST on Saturday, April 30, 2016. Winner will be notified within 48 hours**
**edited to add at 4:15pm EST on Saturday, April 30, 2016: Thank you everyone for entering. Winner was notified via e-mail and she has replied to claim her book. Congrats to Laurie!**